These days we live so much of our lives on the internet that keeping our online transactions safe is more important than ever.
That’s why, at Azimo, we thought it’d be a good idea to run through a few tips that are worth remembering.
1. Use different passwords for your important accounts. That’s because if every account has the same password then everything is at risk if there’s a problem.
2. Keep your password safe. Never share your password or write it down. If you suspect your password has been compromised, change it straight away.
3. Don’t shop on any site that doesn’t have ‘https://’ and a padlock in its URL.
4. Watch out for scams. Scammers are professional, persuasive and can be very convincing. Some of the scams we’ve come across include: fix your computer scams, mystery shopper scams, emergency request scams, sweepstakes scams and rental scams.
5. Don’t connect via a public WiFi when setting up online transactions. It’s too easy to hack into these connections.
6. Go online regularly to look at electronic statements, don’t just rely on paper statements.
We also thought we’d add a couple of bits of advice to keep in mind when you send money
7. Only send or receive money for yourself, don’t do it for somebody else.
8. Don’t send money to people you don’t know or haven’t met.
These might sound like obvious points, but the scammers out there who are trying to fraudulently obtain your money can be very convincing. Of course, we do everything we can to keep your money safe, but keeping these tips front of mind is just good common sense.